Understanding Your Business & Objectives
Nowadays a good web site and reliable email is crucial to the success of every business. In many cases, the difference between doing it right and wrong may be pretty small, but it’s still crucial. It’s a bit like properly focusing a pair of binoculars; amazing if tuned properly, utterly pointless if not. Put it this way, if your competitors are doing things better than you are, you’re probably costing yourself business.
The first thing to do is to understand what your business does, who your customers are (business or consumer), how you can use your website to sell your products or services to them, and what action you want them to take (buy online, go to their nearest stockist, complete a form or call you). In addition, think what information you could present on your website that will help you to reduce admin time or printing and postage (such as FAQs, leaflet or brochure downloads as PDFs, directions, map, terms and conditions).
There are tried and tested site marketing methods (search engines, pay-per-click advertising, blogs, social media etc) that you can employ to get more people to your website. You’ll learn a lot from traffic generated by basic search engine optimisation, combined with existing customers who return to the site and are impressed by the advances they see.
At the very least, every business needs a professional looking responsive, mobile friendly website that builds customer confidence because it’s easy to navigate, provides the info visitors need, is kept up to date, is found via search engines, and clearly and concisely tells visitors what action they need to take. In our experience, every successful web site – regardless of how bespoke it looks, how complex it is, or how much content it has – conveys the following simple message as a minimum requirement:
• This is us.
• This is what we do.
• This is who we do it to.
• This is what we want you to do about it.
However, there is more to it than that, but it all starts with common sense. There are a number of key fundamentals that you should adhere to, and we’ll get as involved as you need us to in implementing them correctly. We’ll explain what you are doing wrong and why it might be having a detrimental effect, and provide a solution.
The first step is to call us on 01526 352919 or complete our online enquiry form.
- To raise your profile and get more visitors, who stay longer, return more often and tell others.
- To increase conversion rates, either from visitors to enquiries, or from enquiries to actual “sales”.
- To reduce admin time and overheads, by providing general, useful and up to date information that you’d otherwise have to deal with manually, and/or which would incur printing and postage cost.
- To build customer and/or supplier confidence/loyalty.
Typical Plan of Action
- We talk to you about your business, your market and what you are looking to achieve. We normally do this over the phone, or you can make an appointment and come and see us.
- We provide objective advice, agree a plan of action and a budget.
- We register a domain, if you don’t have one already, or give you instructions on how to point your existing domain to our servers.
- We set up DNS hosting for your domain and manage this for you.
- We set up a cloud hosted mailbox for you [or as many as you need] and show you how to use it.
- We set up a cloud hosted web site for you on our unique “No Obligation” basis and train you how to use it effectively. The platform includes every tool you’ll ever need and is incredibly easy to edit as you can see from our training videos.
- We optimise your site for the search engines, provide initial training as you learn to use the content management system, and ongoing support on tap as and when needed. Objective advice is FREE and a human answers the phone.